Tuesday 26 January 2016

DID IT FREEZE OVER? - Jan 2016


So . . . Yes it froze over!

Did I notice? No - not until I was on my bum, sliding at a rate of knots down the log flume, with a bewildered looking dog on the other end of the lead!

Having notice no drop in temperature when I set out, I took the dog for her usual morning walk. We turned the corner at the top of the log flume onto what looked like the usual wet tarmac . . . And . . . Whoosh!  Suddenly there we were - Bambi & Thumper.



It wasn't until I unsuccessfully tried to stand up that I realised why I'd fallen over. It was sheet black ice.

My only way back onto my feet was to crawl back onto dry tarmac at the top. I was somewhat relieved that there were only sheep around, to watch my antics!

As I write, Storm Jonas which plunged the East coast of America into Arctic conditions, has just arrived - in the form of Storm Gertrude  ... and more torrential rain.




Next blog - Deliveries











No comments:

Post a Comment